Dental pain can be unrelenting, and you just want it gone. In Florence, SC, the emergency dentist who can help you is Dr. Thomas Cherry, Jr. He discovers the reasons behind serious discomfort through careful examination right at Florence Dental Arts.
Pain and other symptoms
Tooth pain usually coincides with other oral symptoms such as a visible enamel crack, pus at the gum line, or bad breath. These signs, along with the findings from your oral exam by your Florence emergency dentist, reveal the reasons for your toothache. Reasons may include:
- Dental decay
- Deteriorating restorations such as crowns and fillings
- Cracked tooth
- Abscessed tooth (pulpitis)
- Teeth grinding and clenching (bruxism, commonly related to stress)
- Exposed tooth roots or thin enamel (dental sensitivity)
- Gum disease (which loosens teeth and undermines supporting bone in the jaw)
- Impacted teeth, particularly wisdom teeth
- Jaw joint issues (TMJ)
- Poor dental bite (how your teeth close together)
Curing dental pain
Contact Dr. Cherry and his team in their Florence, SC, office. His comprehensive and emergency dental skills will stop your pain and help you prevent future episodes. An exam and X-rays should reveal the reason for your discomfort, and then, your dentist can put together a treatment plan to address it.
His restorative services include:
- Tooth-colored fillings, made from composite resin, porcelain or glass ionomer
- Porcelain crowns, to replace damage enamel above the gum line and to finish root canal therapy
- Root canal therapy, to remove diseased interior pulp and seal and protect a failing tooth
- Periodontal treatments, including deep cleanings
- Nightguards to cushion teeth clenching or grinding
- Dentures for extensive tooth loss
It's not easy
Dental pain never is. So, don't wait, but call Florence Dental Arts in Florence, SC, Arts right away. Your emergency dentist, Dr. Thomas Ray Cherry, is only too glad to help. Phone us at (843) 665-6200.